Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2/15/16 Blog by Megan

Today I had to wake up early with my sister to get to school..we actually both fell asleep on the train for a while but we didn't miss our stop which was good!
We took a bus ride to the elementary school with 3 Nagisa students, it was really long but the view was beautiful!!

The elementary school was nothing like American elementary school where kids run around everywhere. This elementary school was a little big, but the student body only consisted of 26 students! It was so weird in America that'd never happen. In America the kids are not nearly as nice and shy as these kids.
At first the kids were really shy, but when we went to their classrooms and played games with them, they were bright and helpful. They taught us origami, pin the face on the Mickey Mouse with blind folded and more Japanese games!! We even learned to play the taiko drums! I was in the first graders room. There were only 6 people in that class but it was the biggest. We sat in a circle with these small desks and ate lunch! I can't remember the name of the food I ate, but it was really good! At recess, we felt like we were all back in elementary school. We raced to the swings, climbed up poles, and even climbed jungle gym. The Nagisa high school students played tag with the kids. It was great!
When we got back to the school, it was slightly snowing and cold, but my host sister had baton club so I waited inside the library with the Nagisa students who went on the trip with us. The rest of the CGS students slowly got picked up and went home. The guys from Nagisa stayed with me although I told them they could go home. After I exhausted my Japanese speaking skills, I resorted to my basic drawing skills. Drawing is universal and helps everyone laugh!

They waited with me for over an hour and we drew a lot of pictures during the time. When the library was closing, we went outside, and while my host sister was changing into her regular uniform, the Nagisa guys still waited for me. While shivering there in the cold, I learned that these seniors passed their college exams. I asked them what they wanted to be and I got a variety of answers; firefighter,math teacher, business man. When my host sister arrived, I was happy to go home but sad to leave my new friends that I made, but I'll see them again soon!
On the walk home after the train, we talked. At first I just wanted to know the name of the train station (Mukai-nada), but the word ""nada" reminded me of Spanish word so I started teaching my host sister basic Spanish and how to introduce herrself. It was really fun! We went through three languages: Japanese, English, and Spanish! The whole day was very fun and a great experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment